- Rainbow at sea - an aircraft carrier sails under a rainbow in the ocean. Picture by James R. Evans, USN.
- Desert lightning - an impressive lightning coming down from dark blue gray sky during a storm in the south New Mexico desert. Picture by Edward Aspera Jr, USAF.
- Dawn in flight 1 - a thin line of glowing golden light in the horizon, between the light blue high sky and the darkness below.
- Dawn in flight 2 - the horizon in the distance glows in gold and red as the sky above and below are still somewhat dark.
- Dawn in flight 3 - layers of clouds, still dark, and between and behind them the horizon is brightly glowing with golden sunlight.
- Sunrise in flight 1 - the sun rises in the horizon, as seen from an aircraft flying above the clouds.
- Sunrise in flight 2 - the sun rises above the clouds in the distant horizon, as seen from a high altitude aircraft.
- The Moon at dawn - the bright white half moon at dawn, lit by the rising sun in clear blue sky.
- The sky in flight 1 - blue sky, blue ocean, and white and gray clouds, as seen from an aircraft in flight. Picture by NOAA.
- The sky in flight 2 - blue sky, blue ocean, and sparse white clouds below, and their shadows on the ocean surface. Picture by NOAA.
- Rainbow from above - a perfect double rainbow over the ocean, as seen from an aircraft high above. Picture by NOAA.
- In the clouds 1 - deep blue sky and wnite clouds lit by the sun, as seen from an aircraft in flight between the clouds. Picture by NOAA.
- Thin line of clouds - a line of white clouds over a thin long island in the blue ocean under blue sky. Picture by NOAA.
- Double Rainbow - a spectacular double rainbow at sunset. Picture by NOAA.
- Night Lightning - multiple lightning strokes during a nighttime thunderstorm. Picture by NOAA.
- Night Lightning 2 - multiple lightning strokes during a nighttime thunderstorm in Oklahoma. Picture by NOAA.
- Tornado funnel 1 - Tornado with dust and debris cloud touching the ground. Picture by NOAA.
- Tornado funnel 2 - a tornado in its early stage of formation. Picture by NOAA.
- Tornado funnel 3 - a thick dark tornado funnel. Picture by NOAA.
- Weird clouds - weird looking Mammatus clouds over Tulsa, Oklahoma. Picture by NOAA.
- Tornado close-up - about as close as you can get and live to tell. Picture by NOAA.
- Beams of sunlight - Bright beams of white sunlight reaching the ground through a hole in a large gray cloud. Picture by Sergey Morozov.
- Rainbow - a clear rainbow over a green plain. Picture by Sergey Morozov.
- Sunrise over the clouds 1 - a sunrise over the white cloud clover, seen from an aircraft on a flight to Moscow, Russia.
- Sunrise over the clouds 2 - a sunrise over the cloud cover down below, with a remote high mountain summit visible above the clouds in the horizon.
- Desert clouds - as clouds cover the sky over a desert in a winter afternoon, a ray of sun light still penetrates through a hole in the clouds.
- Clear sky - just perfectly clear blue sky. The picture was taken in a sunny winter day, with the camera pointed directly up.
Pictures list color code legend:
Fit for your device's screen shape and size. Fit for use as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but somewhat smaller than its size. May still look good and sharp as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but too small in size to fit well as wallpaper.
No precise fit for your screen' shape, but you can still click to see the picture.
Back to Scenic Landscape , Main page