The pictures in this page were taken by NOAA researchers.
- Lituya Bay - rugged dark mountains, snow covered summits, and a thick forest reflected in mirror like turquoise water, at Lituya Bay, Alaska, photographed from a low flying aircraft. Picture by Mandy Lindeberg, NOAA.
- Reflection - a snow covered mountain is reflected by near mirror like water in Tutka Bay, Alaska. Picture by Mandy Lindeberg, NOAA.
- Mount Shishaldin 1 - Shishaldin Volcano, in the Aleutian Islands chain in Alaska, fully covered with bright sunlit snow and emitting white smoke. Picture by Michael Theberge, NOAA.
- Rugged - rugged dark hills in front of a rugged snowy mountain summit in Alaska. Picture by Igor Smolyar, NOAA.
- Mount Shishaldin 2 - Shishaldin Volcano, in the Aleutian Islands chain in Alaska, seen from north. Picture by Tom Ward, NOAA.
- Alaska in summer - the Jim River Canyon near the Kanuti National Wildlife Refuge, Alaska, in August. Picture by USFWS.
- Aurora Borealis - Alaska's sky lit in green by the Aurora Borealis northern lights. Picture by Joshua Strang, USAF.
- Arctic sunrise 1 - october sun rising at the distant horizon, as seen in the Arctic Circle from a surfaced submarine on a scientifie data collection mission. Picture by Alphonso Braggs, USN.
- Katmai Crater - a fantastic aerial view of the Katmai Crater in Southwest Alaska, lit by the sun from the side.
- Mountain lake - a blue lake between mountains and under blue sky in the Alaska Peninsula.
- Arctic sunrise 2 - the sun rises over North Alaska's arctic plain.
- Mountains and water - steep mountains covered with snow and trees and calm cold water in Little Port Walter, Alaska Southeast.
- Water like mirror 1 - a mountain ridge covered with snow and forest, lit from left by the morning sun, is also reflected in still water.
- Water like mirror 2 - two mountains reflected in calm deep blue water in Port Frederick, Alaska Southeast.
- Glacier - the giant Mendenhall Glacier in Southeast Alaska, slowly advancing down to the ocean.
- Alaska lakes - an aerial view of a deep blue lakes between mountains, Alaska Southeast.
- Glacier path - a panoramic low-altitude aerial view of a giant glacier's winding path down from the mountains to the ocean.
- Rugged mountain - a view upwards from sea level, of an awesome steep rugged dark mountain.
- Riggs Glacier 1 - blue ice in Riggs Glacier at the East end of Muir Inlet, Alaska Southeast.
- Glacier close-up - a close-up of the white and blue ice at the margin of a glacier where ice meets rock.
- Pyramid mountain - a pyramid shaped mountain with a small cloud just around its top and the sun hidden behind the top, a view from Lynn Canal., Alaska Southeast.
- Riggs Glacier 2 - blue ice and blue water at the end of Riggs Glacier, Muir Inlet, Glacier Bay, Alaska.
- Reflections - mountain slopes from two sides reflected in the deep blue water of Tenakee Inlet, Southeast Alaska.
- White volcano 1 - Augustine Volcano in Lower Cook Inlet, Southwest Alaska.
- White volcano 2 - an aerial view of of the steam releasing ice covered summit of Augustine Volcano, Southwest Alaska.
- Steaming crater - an aerial view of a rugged brown steaming volcanic crater with white ice around in Katmai, Southwest Alaska.
- Mount St. Elias - Mount St. Elias, one of the tallest mountains visible from sea (18000ft) , as seen from Icy Bay, South Central Alaska.
- Frozen ocean - winter sea ice terrain in Beaufort Sea, Alaska.
Pictures list color code legend:
Fit for your device's screen shape and size. Fit for use as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but somewhat smaller than its size. May still look good and sharp as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but too small in size to fit well as wallpaper.
No precise fit for your screen' shape, but you can still click to see the picture.
Back to Scenic Landscape , Main page