Fish and Marine Life Pictures
- Hermit crab - close up of a dark red hermit crab, seen from left, wearing its small shell like a helmet. Picture by NOAA.
- Crabs Mating 1 - Red Deep-sea Crabs mating on the sandy bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, off Nantucket. Picture by NOAA.
- Octopus 1 - a small pink Graneledone Verrucosa octopus, its tentacles spread wide and its eyes on the camera, on the sandy bottom of the North Atlantic Ocean. Picture by NOAA.
- Crabs Mating 2 - freshwater crabs mating in very shallow water.
- Octopus 2 - a small purple octopus with legs partially extended, seen from left in front of a large black rock on the ocean floor. Picture by NOAA.
- Scorpion Fish - close up from front on a red scorpionfish on the ocean floor. Picture by NOAA.
- Sea Urchin - close up of a white sea urchin and its needle like spikes. Picture by NOAA.
- Octopus 3 - a small orange brown octopus, seen from right on the grey sandy ocean floor. Picture by NOAA.
- Eel - a large snake-like eel seen from front on the sandy ocean floor. Picture by NOAA.
- Anglerfish - a Shaefer's anglerfish (Sladenia shaefersi) using its ventral fins as if they were legs to stand on a rock at the ocean floor, seen from left. Picture by NOAA.
- Scorpionfish - a red scorpionfish, seen from right. Picture by Andrew David, NOAA.
- Red crab - a strongly colored red orange and gold Sally Lightfoot crab on a rock ledge, seen from front. Picture by Elizabeth Crapo, NOAA.
- Camouflaged - a camouflaged flatfish on the sandy ocean floor, seen from above. Picture by John Butler, NOAA.
- School of fish - a dense school of fish over a coral colony, lit by the sun above. Picture by Paulo Maurin, NOAA.
- Red purple coral - close up on a small brittle star fish on a large red purple gorgonian coral. Picture by Robert Ricker, NOAA.
- Lionfish 1 - close up of a large lionfish, seen from right. Picture by Julie Bedford, NOAA.
- Giant moray - close up of a Giant moray (Gymnothorax javanicus) fish, seen from front right. Picture by Dwayne Meadows, NOAA.
- Royal dottyback - a small half purple half yellow royal dottyback fish (Pseudochromis paccagnallae), seen from above right. Picture by Dwayne Meadows, NOAA.
- Christmas tree - a deep blue with white spike edge dots christmas tree sea worm (Spirobranchus giganteus). Picture by Dwayne Meadows, NOAA.
- Crown of thorns - close up on the thorns of the Crown of thorns starfish (Acanthaster planci)
Image ID: reef3111, NOAA's Coral Kingdom Collection
Location: Guam, Mariana Islands
Photographer: David Burdick. Picture by NOAA.
- Queen angelfish - a blue edged yellow and blue Queen angelfish (Holacanthus ciliaris), seen from right. Picture by Dwayne Meadows, NOAA.
- Blue tang - a blue tang fish (Acanthurus coeruleus) seen from right. Picture by Dwayne Meadows, NOAA.
- Orange fireworm - close up of an Orange fireworm on a red coral. Picture by NOAA.
- Peacock flounder - close up of the head and eyes of a Peacock flounder (Bothus lunatus) fish, seen from front. Picture by NOAA.
- Brain coral - close up of a large Brain coral. Picture by NOAA.
- Giant Anemone - a Giant Caribbean Sea Anemone ( Condylactis gigantea ) with pink purple edged tentacles. Picture by NOAA.
- Beaded Seastar - close up of a white and orange Beaded Seastar on the sea floor. Picture by NOAA.
- Red Lionfish - close up of a large Red Lionfish ( Pterois volitans ), seen from right. Picture by NOAA.
- Sea Hare - close up of a pink-purple Sea Hare, which looks like a sea anemone but is actually a very large sea slug. Picture by NOAA.
- Lionfish 2 - a red Lionfish over a large pink coral.
- Butterflyfish - a blue and yellow striped Butterflyfish near a coral.
- Coral trees - tree-shaped corals lit by the soft sun light a few meters under the sea surface.
- Fish over corals - fish swimming over corals.
- Hammerhead Shark - a hammerhead shark passing just under the ocean surface, seen from above through the blue transparent water. Picture by NOAA.
- Flat sea worm - a pink purple flat sea worm with white dots and red and yellow 'margins'. Picture by NOAA.
- Starfish - the red and white bottom side of a starfish. Picture by NOAA.
- Coral polyps - close-up of live coral polyps. Picture by NOAA.
- Anemone fish 1 - a yellow and black anemone fish with blue side stripes over a blue background of water.
- Anemone fish 2 - a close-up of an anemone fish over a blue background of water.
- Freckled Frogfish - a close-up of a strange looking red Freckled Frogfish.
- Sohal Surgeonfish 1 - a beautifully colored Sohal Surgeonfish near corals, being approached by a Cleaner Wrasse fish.
- Sohal Surgeonfish 2 - a Sohal Surgeonfish being cleaned by two Cleaner Wrasse fish.
- Sohal Surgeonfish 3 - a Sohal Surgeonfish waves Hi.
- Brain Coral - a brain coral.
Pictures list color code legend:
Fit for your device's screen shape and size. Fit for use as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but somewhat smaller than its size. May still look good and sharp as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but too small in size to fit well as wallpaper.
No precise fit for your screen' shape, but you can still click to see the picture.
Back to Animals , Main page