Bird Of Prey Pictures
Eagles, Vultures, Owls
- Osprey - an Osprey, passing low overhead with its large wings spread wide. The Osprey is a fish-eating bird of prey. Picture by USAF.
- Barn Owl - a Barn Owl flies off the top of a tree, seen from right. A living 'stealth bomber' of nature, the Barn Owl has incredible 3D hearing and very quiet flight, which makes it a superb predator of rodents, and a wonderful biological pest control. Picture by Melissa Buchanan, USAF.
- Peregrine Falcon - close up from front of the head and wide opened mouth of a Peregrine Falcon, a bird of prey capable of diving speeds of up to 200 mph. Picture by Karen Abeyasekere, USAF.
- Snowy Owl 1 - a rare Snowy Owl flies off of a sign while looking at the camera. Picture by Zachary Cacicia, USAF.
- Snowy Owl 2 - a rare Snowy Owl, standing, looking at the camera. Picture by Zachary Cacicia, USAF.
- California condor - a soaring California condor, North America's largest land bird with a wing span
of nearly 10ft, seen from rear right. Picture by Barbara Taylor, NOAA.
- Peregrine falcon - a peregrine falcon flying overhead, seen from below left under deep blue clear sky. Picture by Morgan Lynn, NOAA.
- White falcon - close-up of a beautiful spotted white falcon, a hybrid between white gyrfalcon and saker falcon. Picture by David Armer, USAF.
- Short toed Eagle - a close up from front on the dark head and yellow eyes of a Short toed Eagle.
- Bonelli's Eagle - a brown Bonelli's Eagle with large yellow eyes.
- Griffon Vulture - a close up from front right on a large Griffon Vulture.
- Griffon Vulture head 1 2 3 - close ups from left, front, right on the head of a Griffon Vulture.
- Long legged Buzzard - a close up from front right on a brown grey and white Long legged Buzzard.
- Birds of Prey - a Short toed Eagle and a Black Kite.
- Egyptian Vulture 1 - a close up on an Egyptian Vulture. With its unique head shape, this white bird of prey with yellow head looks just like it looked in the days of the Pharaohs, who carved it in stone.
- Egyptian Vulture 2 - an Egyptian Vulture, seen from below.
- Owl - an Owl, seen from front.
- Owl Head - a close up from front on the head of an Owl, showing its large round orange eyes.
- Eagle - a brown Eagle soaring overhead.
- Kestrel Overhead - a beautiful kestrel ( common falcon ) soaring just a few meters overhead, looking for prey, over clear blue sky background. Picture by Roman Lisnanski.
- Wings up - a brown and white hawk on a tree branch with its wings fully open upwards over its body. Picture by Vitaly Fainitsky (contact directly for full size original or print).
- Griffon Vulture soaring 1 2 3 4 - a series of pictures of Griffon Vultures soaring with fully spread wings in clear blue sky and over the top of the deep canyon where they nest.
- Griffon Vultures watching - two large Griffon Vultures with white heads and necks, sitting on rocks at a high observation point overlooking the valley below in a hot summer morning.
- Hawk head - close up of the head of a hawk with white and brown feathers and its peck open, showing its tongue. Picture by Vitaly Fainitsky (contact directly for full size original or print).
- Harris Hawk - close up of the head of a hawk with dark feathers. Picture by Vitaly Fainitsky (contact directly for full size original or print).
Pictures list color code legend:
Fit for your device's screen shape and size. Fit for use as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but somewhat smaller than its size. May still look good and sharp as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but too small in size to fit well as wallpaper.
No precise fit for your screen' shape, but you can still click to see the picture.
Back to Animals , Main page