WWII Fighter and Bomber Aircraft Pictures
- P-51 Mustang 1 - a shiny blue-nosed P-51 Mustang flies low overhead, rolled right, under clear blue sky. Picture by Nathan T. Wallin, USAF.
- B-17 Flying Fortress - a sunlit WWII-era B-17 Flying Fortress bomber, fully rolled left in a turn, seen from left. Picture by Amber Ashcraft, USAF.
- P-51 Mustang and F-22 - sniny sunlit P-51 Mustang and F-22 Raptor in a tight formation, seen from left under clear blue sky. Picture by Tommie Horton, USAF.
- Lancaster and Hurricane - a black Avro Lancaster heavy bomer and a Hawker Hurricane fighter passing overhead, seen from below right. Picture by Marissa Tucker, USAF.
- Mustang and Spitfire - a P-51 Mustang and a Spitfire in close formation, both in WWII combat colors, make a low overhead pass. Picture by Emerson Nuez, USAF.
- F4U Corsair 1 - a WWII-era F4U Corsair fighter in flight, rolled left, seen from left, lit by the sun. Picture by John P. Curtis, USN.
- F4U Corsair 2 - a WWII-era F4U Corsair fighter in flight, rolled left, seen from left. Picture by Bryce J. Burton, USMC.
- P-51 Mustang 2 - a P-51 Mustang making a low fly-by, seen from right. Picture by Marc I. Lane, USAF.
- Mustang and Raptor - a World War II P-51 Mustang fighter in formation with a 21st century F-22 Raptor fighter, seen from left and above. Sixty years apart, the two represent the state of the art of fighter aircraft technology of their eras.. Picture by Edward I. Fagg, USN.
- F4U Corsair 3 - a post-WWII variant of the F4U Corsair carrier-based fighter, seen from left. Picture by Jane Campbell, USN.
- P-51 Mustang and F-15 - a tight formation of a World War II P-51 Mustang and a contemporary F-15 Eagle, seen from front right. Three decades apart, both were the leading air superiority fighters of their era. Picture by John E. Lasky, USAF.
- Red nose P-51 Mustang - a red nosed P-51 Mustang flies over Virginia's coast, seen from front. Picture by Ben Bloker, USAF.
- P-38 Lightning - a P-38 Lightning flying over the ocean near Virginia, seen from front. Picture by Ben Bloker, USAF.
- F8F Bearcat - a F8F Bearcat making a low 'strafing pass' during an air show, releasing a white smoke trail, seen from front right.
Pictures list color code legend:
Fit for your device's screen shape and size. Fit for use as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but somewhat smaller than its size. May still look good and sharp as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but too small in size to fit well as wallpaper.
No precise fit for your screen' shape, but you can still click to see the picture.
Back to Military Aircraft , Main page