WWII Fighter and Bomber Aircraft Pictures
- Mustang and Raptor - a World War II P-51 Mustang fighter in formation with a 21st century F-22 Raptor fighter, seen from left and above. Sixty years apart, the two represent the state of the art of fighter aircraft technology of their eras.. Picture by Edward I. Fagg, USN.
- B-17 and B-52 - a WWII B-17G Flying Fortress strategic bomber flying in formation with a modern B-52H Stratofortress strategic bomber. Picture by Michael A. Kaplan, USAF.
- F4U Corsair - a post-WWII variant of the F4U Corsair carrier-based fighter, seen from left. Picture by Jane Campbell, USN.
- P-51 Mustang and F-15 - a tight formation of a World War II P-51 Mustang and a contemporary F-15 Eagle, seen from front right. Three decades apart, both were the leading air superiority fighters of their era. Picture by John E. Lasky, USAF.
- Red nose P-51 Mustang - a red nosed P-51 Mustang flies over Virginia's coast, seen from front. Picture by Ben Bloker, USAF.
- P-38 Lightning - a P-38 Lightning flying over the ocean near Virginia, seen from front. Picture by Ben Bloker, USAF.
- F8F Bearcat 1 - a F8F Bearcat making a low 'strafing pass' during an air show, releasing a white smoke trail, seen from front right.
Pictures list color code legend:
Fit for your device's screen shape and size. Fit for use as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but somewhat smaller than its size. May still look good and sharp as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but too small in size to fit well as wallpaper.
No precise fit for your screen' shape, but you can still click to see the picture.
Back to Military Aircraft , Main page