Military Helicopter Pictures
- Nightstalker - a black MH-47 Chinook special operations helicopter approaches a ship's helipad, making a rainbow appear in its water spray. Picture by Louis Fellerman, USN.
- Knighthawk - an MH-60S Knighthawk helicopter hovers low over the ocean, seen from right. Picture by Jon Husman, USN.
- Super Cobra - close up of a sun lit AH-1Z Super Cobra at it hovers over a ship's deck, seen from front and left, close enough to touch. Picture by Matthew R. White, USN.
- Cobra overhead - an AH-1W Cobra helicopter makes an overhead pass under clear blue sky, seen from left. Picture by Justin L Wainscott, USMC.
- Pave Low - a formation of MH-53 Pave Low special operations helicopters turns right over the ocean, seen from the lead helicopter. Picture by Emily Moore, USAF.
- Cobra takeoff - an AH-1W Super Cobra helicopter takes off from a ship at sea, seen from front and right. Picture by Dustin Kelling, USN.
- Sea Knight - close up of a CH-46E Sea Knight helicopter as it hovers low over the ocean before landing on a ship, seen from front. Picture by Dustin Kelling, USN.
- Cobra strafing - an AH-1W Super Cobra helicopter fires its rotary gun, seen from below and right under clear sky. Picture by Chad R. Erdmann, USN.
- Cobra sunset - a Super Cobra helicopter flies over the Pacific Ocean shortly after sunset, seen from right. Picture by Daniel A. Barker, USN.
- Missile launch - an MH-60R Seahawk helicopter fires a Hellfire missile over the Pacific, seen from left. Picture by Mark A. Leonesio, USN.
- Flares 3 - two CH-46E Sea Knight helicopters drop many bright flares, seen from right. Picture by Robert C. Long, USN.
- Sea Dragon - a black MH-53E Sea Dragon helicopter hovers low over the deep blue ocean, raises white water spray, seen from left. Picture by Edward G. Martens, USN.
- Ka-27 Helix - close up of a Russian Navy Ka-27 Helix helicopter as it makes a near flyby pass, showing the typical coaxial rotors shape, seen from right under clear blue sky. Picture by Jason R. Zalasky, USN.
- Tight Formation - a pair of SH-60 Seahawk helicopters turing left in a tight formation that looks as if their rotors are intermixed, seen from front and below. Picture by James R. Evans, USN.
- Flares 2 - an HH-60H Seahawk fires multiple flares with smoke trails to left and right, seen from right. Picture by Mass Communication Specialist Seaman Kathleen Gorby, USN.
- Spray Circle - a SH-60F Seahawk helicopter creates a wide windy circle of water spray as it hovers over the ocean to retrieve a diver. Picture by Justin R. Blake, USN.
- Flares - an HH-60H Seahawk helicopter fires off series of bright flares with smoke trails to both left and right, seen from behind and below under deep blue sky. Picture by Randall Damm, USN.
- Super Stallion - a large CH-53E Super Stallion helicopter hovers before landing , seen from the flight deck below. Picture by Kelly A. Morgan, USN.
- Pair of Ospreys - two CV-22 Osprey tilt-rotor helicopters in formation flight, seen from behind right. Picture by James Haseltine, USAF.
- Flares and chaff - an HH-60H Seahawk helicopter releasing flares and chaff over the ocean, seen from right. Picture by Michael D. Kennedy, USN.
- V-22 takeoff - a MV-22 Osprey tilt rotor helicopter lifts off from a ship in the Atlantic Ocean on a clear winter morning. Picture by Dexter Roberts, USN.
- Sea Stallion - a big CH-53D Sea Stallion helicopter seen from right as it lands aboard a ship while another Sea Stallion approaches the ship too. Picture by Bradley J. Sapp, USN.
- Spray circle - a big black MH-53E Sea Dragon helicopter creates a wide circle of water spray as it hovers low over the sea. Picture by Christopher Mobley, USN.
- MH-60S Knighthawk - a MH-60S Knighthawk helicopter, seen from right as it hovers low over a ship's helipad in the Atlantic Ocean. Picture by Aaron Peterson, USN.
- Eurocopter Dauphin - a Eurocopter Dauphin of the French Navy hovers over the flight deck of an aircraft carrier with the blue ocean in the background, seen from right and behind. Picture by Paul J. Perkins, USN.
- MH-53E Sea Dragon - a big black MH-53E Sea Dragon helicopter seen from above while flying over the Mediterranean sea. Picture by Damon J. Moritz, USN.
- CH-53E Super Stallion - a big CH-53E Super Stallion helicopter, lit by the sunrise as it hovers over the Atlantic Ocean. Picture by Robert M. Schalk, USN.
- Missile launch - a SH-60B Sea Hawk helicopter launches an AGM-119 Penguin anti ship missile over a background of the Pacific ocean and clear sky. Picture by Lisa Aman, USN.
- CH-53 air refuel - a formation of CH-53 helicopters about to be refueled in flight by a KC-130 Hercules tanker as they fly over the helicopter carrier USS Wasp in the southern end of the Red Sea, seen from the back door of the Hercules.
Pictures list color code legend:
Fit for your device's screen shape and size. Fit for use as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but somewhat smaller than its size. May still look good and sharp as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but too small in size to fit well as wallpaper.
No precise fit for your screen' shape, but you can still click to see the picture.
Back to Military Aircraft , Main page