Its pilots call the F-16 a "Fighter pilot's fighter". The most popular multi-role fighter aircraft since 1980, this great aircraft was originally designed as a cheap lightweight companion to the big and expensive F-15. The F-16 evolved greatly since. It is the backbone of many air forces worldwide, and state-of-the-art new F-16 types with ever increased capabilities are still being produced.
- F-16 over ocean - an F-16 Fighting Falcon high over a small island and the bright sun lit ocean. Picture by Matt Craig, USAF.
- F-16 over Nevada - close up of an F-16 Fighting Falcon high over the desert in Nevada, seen from right. Picture by Kevin J. Gruenwald, USAF.
- Cockpit view 2 - the photographer in the back seat of this two-seater F-16 Fighting Falcon pictured himself while rolling right over the ocean. Picture by Jeffrey Allen, USAF.
- F-16 ladder - six F-16 Fighting Falcons, each to the right of and above the other, in a ladder like formation. Picture by Tom Reynolds, USAF.
- F-16 firing Maverick - a F-16C Fighting Falcon fires an AGM-65H Maverick air-to-ground missile over the wide plane of the Utah test range, seen from right under clear blue sky. Picture by Michael Ammons, USAF.
- Standoff weapon - a F-16C Fighting Falcon releases an AGM-154 GPS guided standoff glide bomb over the Utah test range, seen from right under clear blue sky. Picture by Michael Ammons, USAF.
- F-16 fires Sidewinder - a F-16 Fighting Falcon fires an AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missile from its left wing, seen from below under beautiful clear blue sky. Picture by Tom Reynolds, USAF.
- F-16 HARM - a F-16 Fighting Falcon firing an AGM-88 High-speed Anti-Radiation Missile (HARM) over the deep blue clear background of high altitude sky. Picture by Michael Ammons, USAF.
- F-16 over snow - an F-16 CJ Fighting Falcon seen from right while rolling left over snow covered mountains. Picture by Jason Gamble, USAF.
- Maverick launch - a F-16 Falcon fires an AGM-65D Maverick missile, seen from right over a flat desert terrain in Utah. Picture by Michael Ammons, USAF.
- F-16 JDAM - a single-seater F-16 Falcon drops a GPS-guided bomb. USAF picture by Tom Reynolds.
- F-16 1 - Two F-16 Falcons armed with multiple AMRAAM air-to-air missiles, over a background of blue sky above, clouds in the distance, and California below. USAF picture by Tom Reynolds.
- F-16 2 - a F-16 armed with AIM-9X and AMRAAM air-to-air missiles, cluster bombs, extra fuel tanks, seen from below left over a background of blue sky and white clouds. USAF picture by Tom Reynolds.
Pictures list color code legend:
Fit for your device's screen shape and size. Fit for use as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but somewhat smaller than its size. May still look good and sharp as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but too small in size to fit well as wallpaper.
No precise fit for your screen' shape, but you can still click to see the picture.
Back to Military Aircraft , Main page